The Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys & Consultants is a select organization of alcoholic beverage licensing and compliance professionals.
1 minute reading time (181 words)
3rd Quarter SC Alcohol Licensing Newsletter
New Alcohol laws include:
- Non-profits now allowed to solicit alcohol donations from suppliers for special events under certain circumstances. S 0114 Signed by the Governor on May 19th.
- Renewals and new applications for on-premise licenses now required to show proof of minimum million dollars of liquor liability insurance. S -116
- Breweries may now apply for permit to sell liquor by the drink, and provision for a brewpub to become a brewery. S 0275 Signed by the Governor on May 19th.
- The ability to obtain liquor by the drink licenses has been expanded to include motorsports, tennis, and baseball complexes. S 0334 Signed by the Governor on May 19th.
- Tasting options for micro-distillers have been expanded. H 3137
- The THREE store limit on liquor stores was re-enacted but the new law expires on April 5, 2018. H 3137
- Brewery samplings of beer modified with some additions and some deletions. H 3137
In total 5 bills became law and 16 were carried over until January of 2018.
To read these new laws click on this link, select alcohol beverages and click submit.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
Comment for this post has been locked by admin.